Speak Up for Clean Water
Throughout the 2019 legislative session we will analyze hundreds of bills to ensure proposed legislation protects clean water and does not harm the watershed. Our focus this session is defending Montana’s bedrock environmental laws–and we need your help!
Check this page regularly to stay informed on bills that matter, get updates on hot topics, and find opportunities to engage in the legislative process.
How to help:
Join the “Water Watchdog” Brigade: Can we count on you to contact legislators on behalf of healthy rivers? Travel to Helena to testify in-person at a key hearings? Be involved when important decisions are being made? We’ll call on Water Watchdogs throughout the session to be a strong voice for clean water when it’s needed most (coaching provided). To join, contact Katie Racette at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also sign up for our e-alerts and like our Facebook page to stay up-to-date.
Get in touch with legislators: Find contact information to lobby specific legislators here, or call 406-444-3062.
Let Governor Bullock know what you think: The Governor’s Office has final say over whether bills become law. Click here for contact info.
- Look up bill drafts: Check on a bill’s status and read the policy language first-hand.
- Stream live legislative hearings here.
- 1/11: Public Lands Day Rally at the Capitol NOON
- 1/21: Watershed Day at the Capitol
- 3/2: Transmittal deadline for bills to move from the House to the Senate, or vice versa, to remain active.
- 5/1: Last day of the regular Legislative Session.