Join our Volunteer River Corps to make a difference
Are you someone who likes to roll up your sleeves for the river? Join our Volunteer River Corps to take part in fun and engaging projects that protect and restore the streams, creeks, and rivers in our watershed. Whether it’s in urban areas like Missoula or rural reaches like Deer Lodge, the river needs you!
What do volunteers do?
Our Volunteer River Corps members embark on a variety of projects. From collecting snowpack data to removing trash from river banks to restoring riparian areas, the VRC is active all year round. There is something for everyone, and although it can be hard work, it’s also a lot of fun, it feels great, and you meet some wonderful folks along the way. Everything we do is science-based and focused on the needs of the watershed. Opportunities for volunteer projects include:
- Remove trash from the river during our annual cleanup
- Take out fencing that’s dangerous for people and wildlife
- Help get rid of weeds and aquatic invasive species
- Plant new vegetation
- Water plants and install browse protectors for new vegetation
- Lead or assist with river cleanups throughout the basin
- Monitor snowpack to help track and report on streamflows
- Assess water quality and habitat before and after restoration work
- Write letters to the editor and send email alerts
- Hang event posters and distribute newsletters and flyers
- Help at our community outreach events
- Speak on behalf of the river at public hearings or other venues
Helping community partners
Our volunteers are providing help beyond the walls of the Clark Fork Coalition. We work alongside community partners and agencies such as the Natural Resources and Conservation Service (NRCS), Missoula County Water Quality District, and Missoula’s Parks and Recreation Department.
By partnering with other organizations and agencies, VRC members not only address natural resource management needs, they become part of a growing network of watershed stewards who are prepared and willing to go to bat for clean water and healthy rivers for years to come.
Why join the Volunteer River Corps?
- To make a difference for the watershed
- To give back to the river you love
- To build real-world skills that boost your knowledge, skills, and resume
- To fulfill service requirements
- To make new friends
- To get out and see some amazing parts of the watershed
- To earn membership perks and CFC giveaways
- To have FUN!
Get in touch!
Want to get involved with the Clark Fork Coalition’s Volunteer River Corps? Fill out an application or get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to ask questions, learn about upcoming projects, or to sign up for our volunteer email list.